Change of email and mobile number of the authorized signatory by taxpayers with assistance from the jurisdictional tax officer under GST system.
Are of those who have got registered under GST by an intermediary and that intermediary has entered his contact details in the GST portal? Now, sadly he is not giving you the GST password. You can not even reset the GST Password since you are not having OTP. So what to do now! Don’t worry. The CBIC has come out with the solution to this problem. Read the full article below and the detailed procedure to reset the GST id and or password without having the access to registered email id and password.
Complaints are being received from taxpayers that the intermediaries who were authorized by them to apply for registration on their behalf had used their own email and mobile number during the process. They are now not sharing the user credentials with the taxpayer on whose behalf they had done the registration in the first place and the taxpayer is at their mercy.
With a view to addressing this difficulty of the taxpayer, a functionality to update email and mobile number of the authorized signatory is available in the GST System. The email and mobile number can be updated by the concerned Jurisdictional tax authority of the taxpayer as per the following procedure:
Steps to be followed:-
- The taxpayer is required to approach the concerned jurisdictional Tax Officer to get the password for the STIN allotted to the business.
- <Jurisdiction can be checked through Search Taxpayer option available on https://www.gst.gov.in,>. Allotted jurisdiction is displayed in red text>
- The taxpayer would be required to provide valid documents to the tax office as proof of his/her identity and to validate the business details related to his GSTIN.
- Tax officer will check if the said person is added as a Stakeholder or Authorized Signatory for that GSTIN in the system.
- Tax officer will upload necessary proof on the GST Portal in support to authenticate the activity.
- Tax officer will enter the new email address and mobile phone number provided by the Taxpayer.
- After upload of the document, Tax officer will reset the password for the GSTIN in the system.
- Username and Temporary password reset will be communicated to the email address as entered by the Tax Officer.
- The taxpayer needs to login on GST Portal https://www.gst.gov.in/ using the First time login link.
- After first time login with the Username and Temporary password that was emailed to him, the system would prompt the taxpayer to change username and password. The said username and password can now be used by the taxpayer.
Download the Press Release in PDF format by clicking the following link: